17th season starts in the fall of 2018.
Great Songs – Great People – Great Harmony
- To promote local and worldwide peace and social justice through singing
- To enlighten as well as to entertain
Our interests are many, and our repertoire is diverse. We sing songs of peace, justice and labor and aim to boost morale and inspire. In the words of one choir director, we celebrate “the full cup of life: birth, death, joy, sorrow, struggle, triumph, work, play, love, and community!”
Our mixed-voice community chorus presents one major concert each year in addition to singing at community events, soup kitchens, and street demonstrations. Our chorus is open to all singers in September and is run by our members. There are no auditions.
Our Enrollment Period
Anyone interested in joining our chorus is invited to attend our September rehearsals without charge to learn more about us before making a commitment for the current season.
Our activities and expenses are supported by season-long member pledges. No one is turned away due to finances. A silent auction and one other fundraising event are held each season. Donations to our chorus of $100 or more are tax deductible.
Our Member Requirements
Members must make a firm commitment to the following:
- Attendance at all rehearsals and performances for the season
- Payment of dues (sliding scale) over the 9-month season
- Participation in two main fundraising events each season
- Time: Thursdays from 7:30 – 9 pm
- Season: September through May
- Place: Mount Calvary Lutheran Church (not affiliated with the church)
- Place Address: 2402 Cabrillo College Dr, Soquel, 95073 (see map at bottom of this webpage)
- Music Director: Aileen Vance
- Accompanist: Abigail Meloche
Amy Goodman: “Final words, Pete Seeger, (on) the role of music, culture and politics”
Pete Seeger: “They’re all tangled up. Hooray for tangling!”
For More Information
Please email email@example.com for more information.